Rental Screening Criteria established by Pioneer Management.
Application and fees are collected from each adult 18 years of age and older. Fees are not refundable if the application has been processed. We will process your application in the order in which it was received including completion of the application, the collection of appropriate documentation and application fee. Pioneer will conduct a search of public records and pull a consumer credit report and criminal history report, to determine whether the applicant or any tenant has been convicted of or has pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime. Pending charges or outstanding warrants will result in the suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Units are not held awaiting appropriate documentation, rental references, verification of any outstanding financial obligations, nor resolution of pending criminal charges. If any applicant needs any assistance known as a reasonable accommodation, please notify one of our leasing agents.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit.
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom
- Positive identification with a picture will be required.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction shall result.
- We do not rent or lease residential premises for any kind of business purposes.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual or property or property of others will be denied.
- Pioneer reserves the right to charge additional security deposit based on the application received.
- Monthly income should be equal to three times the stated rent and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable employment will be required if used as a source of income (alimony or child support, trust accounts, grants, housing assistance, etc).
- Self Employed applicants will be verified through the state corporation commission and will be required to submit the previous years’ tax returns.
- Thirty-six (36) months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Five (5) year eviction-free history is required
- Past due rent will be grounds for denial.
- Two or more 72 Hour/Three Day Notices within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting a rental reference response of “will not re-rent” or a similar comment will result in denial of the application.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on a consumer credit report may require an additional security deposit.
- Unpaid accounts in collections will result in denial of the application.
- Credit history is extremely important and minimum requirements are a credit score of 600 or higher on a consumer credit report from each applicant.
Criminal Convictions and Other Reasons for Denial:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with the intent to sell) or a felony burglary or a felony robbery constitute grounds for denial.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest pleas where the date of the disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, or any other felony charges are also reasons for denial.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea where the date of the disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years for any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, or weapons charges or that is sex-related or drug-related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell are reasons for denial.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea where the date of the disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for any misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty, or prostitution are also grounds for denial.
- Applications can be denied for evictions, poor credit rating, poor landlord references, lack of income, lack of verifiable information, inaccurate, incomplete or falsified information on the rental application as well as observed inappropriate behavior defined as harassment of any kind, including menacing or threatening behavior to others or Pioneer staff.